As the old saying goes, “out of sight, out of mind”. Most products live in the pantry, a closet, or a cabinet. Here’s a round-up of six products that have managed to stay within arm’s reach by successfully encouraging the consumer to “leave it out”.
1. The Windex Touch-Up shapely container is pleasing to look at, and the functional push-down dispenser provides easy access when you most need it.
2. The colorful new offerings of lubricants from Trojan are being touted as discreet, but “counter-worthy”.
3. Method partners with famous designers like fashion designer Orla Kiely to provide consumers with fun decorative packaging they want to see in their home.
4. Kikkoman released an anniversary addition of their product with fun stripes – another example of fun decorative packaging.
5. Instead of pouring your microwave popcorn into a bowl, Orville Redenbacher has a new way to share your popcorn and they call it the Pop Up Bowl.
6. Glade air fresheners are refillable and the packaging comes with a tear-off label so the product can live in your home where you need it, not under a cabinet.
We’re always looking for packaging inspiration.
See more of our favorite Leave it Out packaging solutions on Pinterest.
It’s hard to believe we’re well into March of this new year, but we’re already seeing retail evidence of our predicted packaging trends with a new product from SC Johnson debuting in January that follows our “out to share” trend.
image via Windex Facebook
SC Johnson introduced the Windex Touch-Up Cleaner, the “revolutionary new kitchen and bathroom cleaning product. It’s designed to be left out so you can keep up with life’s little messes,” says the Windex Facebook page, which debuted the new product on January 24, 2013.
Windex has been a household cleaning staples for more than 75 years, and the new, modern pump design allows consumers to easily pump the packaging to release the cleaner onto a paper towel.
image via Windex Facebook
According to a press release from SC Johnson, the new product is “creatively packaged in a bottle designed to stay out near the action where people need it most – the kitchen and the bathroom… the new Windex® Touch-Up Cleaner right there when and where you need it, cleaning life’s everyday messes has never been easier.”
We expect that the Windex Touch-Up Cleaner is just one of many new packaging solutions we expect to see in the “out to share” retail space in the upcoming months.
The Windex Facebook team recognizes this as well, saying that “most cleaners are banished to a dark cabinet. Not anymore.”
Watch the Touch-Up Cleaner in action: Windex Touch-Up Cleaner Commercial
Click here to read the SC Johnson product press release